Friday, April 3, 2009

I blame you!

Darcy was in the mood for Mexican, so we had lunch at a charming Mexican restaurant in downtown Palm Springs yesterday. I ordered the taco salad with steak. Holy Moly. It was huge...and I ate the whole thing! (Except for the shell, but I had a few bites of that too!) I skipped their homemade red pepper ranch that came on the side, although I tried a bite and I LOVED it.

The steak was so tender and marinated to perfection.  The pico de gallo was fresh and fantastic. The whole meal was just a delite!

But today, I'm up 3 lbs from yesterday. LOL. It was funny that I could eat such a big meal! Between all the coughing and being sick, I have gotten foods stuck a lot lately, and I haven't been able to eat that much. However, foods without carbs that are wet are apparently no problem at all! I was very full after, but I just couldn't stop. It was the best Mexican food I'd had in my entire life.

For dinner, we went to an italian restaurant. Poor Darcy needed comfort food. I had a spinach, chicken and fontina cheese risotto. It was fabulous! ; Darcy had the bolognese, and she almost licked the plate - it was THAT good. I didn't eat much of the risotto. I felt bad, but I did enough damage at lunch. I had a few tastes and that's all that I needed. The waiter thought there was something wrong with it - not one bit!

When I knew I wanted to stop eating my risotto, I pulled my pepper trick, and peppered the whole dish so that I wouldn't be tempted to eat more of it. That has saved me from many an episode of overeating!

I also haven't been drinking enough water. When I'm on vacation, my big treat is always diet soda. Plus, I've not been feeling well, and diet coke helps wake me up sometimes. Also, I bought a 6 pack of diet IBC root beer for the room, and I've been enjoying those too!

I'm going to eat light today, and drink lots of water, and hopefully the 3 lbs I'm up today will be gone tomorrow. I worked out this morning. I didn't dare do cardio, because I still can't breathe from the pneumonia, but I lifted weights. I took it easy, and I only did 25 minutes, but it's a step in the right direction! I think I'll be ready to start up my yoga again by the time I get home.

I'm not sure what's on the agenda for today. It depends on how Darcy feels. I feel better and better each day, but I'm not myself yet, at all. I feel like I have a cold or allergies, but that I'm just really tired on top of it - I'm not terribly sick, just a little sick and fatigued.

Darcy took nyquil last night, and I'm hoping she gets plenty of rest. It's 7:30 AM here, and I've been to the pool, went for a walk, updated my blog (obv), and did some work. Now what? :)

Depending on how Darcy is feeling when she gets up, we're going to do one (or more) of the following today:
  • local water park
  • visit Joshua Tree
  • Jeep tour through a canyon
  • visit and tour a vineyard
  • take a tram up the mountains

I know it's silly to go to a water park, because we can do that anywhere, but it is HOT out here, and it would be nice to be in the sun and do something fun. The resort is sold out for the weekend, so I'm sure the pool is going to be slammed. A water slide sounds like a blast to me. I want to do at least one of the other things as well, and again, it all depends on how the Darce is feeling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed your meal....you should you are on vacation and you ate very little when I was with you!

Tell "The" I hope she feels better.

Why don't you 2 hang with the rat pack while your out there??

Alison... said...

wow, I can't believe you ate that whole thing, good job

LOL

if you're ever bored, you can always dial 781-526-0808

Just sayin

;-)

Stephanie said...

That looks so good! You saved yourself a little by not eating the shell - it soaks up so much oil.

Kristen said...

It was soooo good. I eat steak taco salad as a treat from time to time, and I always LOVE it, but this was extraordinary!

lanie said...

Don't blame us!!! LOL! Glad you're cutting yourself some slack while on vacation-it makes being healthy the rest of the time easier! I vote for the Joshua Tree!

Kristen said...

LOL- I'm not blaming you! I was talking to the salad! hahaha