Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More water...going away...

Did you know that a gallon of water weighs about 8.34 lbs? I did not realize that. When I had my surgery, I gained a gallon of water! As of this morning, 6 of the 8 lbs are finally gone, so that is a relief. I could feel a difference in my jeans from the extra 8, and that's no fun!

I stuck to my eating plan yesterday, and it was nice to finally have a home cooked meal for the first time in...I can't remember! Darcy is finally turning a corner with her pain too, so that's good. She's still immobile, and in quite a bit of pain, but she's becoming a human again...talking...etc...so that's a relief.

I overdid it, and that may be why some of my incisions are now infected. Dummy. I know. I cleaned out the wounds last night (sounds more disgusting than it really was, I promise), and today they are looking *much* better.

I'm looking forward to seeing my Dad today! He hasn't been here since June. I'm sorry he had to come under these circumstances, but my grandmother is doing much better, and I think we'll have time to have some fun.

I want to stay on track with planning my daily meals ahead of time for the time being, so today is as follows:

Breakfast - multigrain cheerios with a banana and milk
Lunch - (Tough call...I'm picking my Dad up from the airport at noon, and we have no lunch foods in the house...I did a terrible job grocery shopping yesterday...maybe we'll go out to lunch, which is not my plan, but that's fine...I'll get a grilled chicken salad with lite dressing or something comparable wherever we go)
Dinner - roasted chicken with red potatoes, mulitgrain rice pilaf and a garden salad
Snacks - fresh fruit - it's delicious!

I'm glad my Dad will be staying with us this week, because it's another excuse for me to make sure we are planning our meals in advance. With Darcy out of commission and me still on the mend, it's easy to order in, but having my father here will be an excuse to make meals, which is healthier, more cost effective, and usually tastier!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your 8 pounds of weight gain. I wish I could do the same.

Your dinner sounds delicious.

Stop doing so much. There is nothing wrong with resting.

Alison... said...

Yay for your 8 pounds of weight gain?

I think our friend TJ is losin it

Say hi to Ray Carroll for me

Glad your wounds look better, did you make a follow up appt?

Please do that...

thank you