Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Saying goodbye


Yesterday my grandmother was laid to rest. It was a nice ceremony, and my Mother read all of the letters we wrote to my grandmother. They were all so thoughtful and moving, and my Mom did a great job! I wouldn't have been able to read them without choking on the words.
.
I was doing okay, not getting too emotional at the funeral until I saw my dear friend Stephanie coming in. I didn't expect any of my friends to come because it was a small service, and there wasn't a wake, which is when my friends would have come, and I was just so surprised and moved to see her there, I lost it. I just know it's a lot for her to come to a service like that where she wouldn't know anyone, and I know she hasn't seen my family in years, so that's another thing...it was just really sweet, and I was touched.
.
It was nice catching up with relatives I hadn't seen in a while as well.
.
I'm going to miss her my Grammy so much, but I will try to honor her memory by eating more vegetables! She would like that. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a nice way to say goodbye.

That Stephanie is a good egg!!

Alison... said...

Yes, she is a good egg and I know how difficult it is for her to attend those sorts of things, her presence was a big deal!

I'll miss your grammy too and I'll even eat veggies in her honor...