Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
.
Today we are going to Darcy's parents house for the big meal. This is the first time in ages - I can't imagine how long - when I haven't hosted the meal myself. I thought I would miss all the preparation and cooking, but I don't. :) It's nice to not have to cook for days in preparation of a 30 minute meal.
.
That's not to say I won't be ready to host again next year, but this year is a nice break. I'm not sure what's on the menu, but I imagine it will be a fairly traditional meal, which is how I like it. I'm also glad that I won't have a house full of leftovers. I will go, have my meal, not overdo it, and that will be that. There is no reason to go overboard just because it's a holiday.
.
My sister is putting out quite the spread today: http://www.diningwell.blogspot.com/
.
She puts the rest of us to shame, and I'm sure it will be a fantastic meal. If I lived in Georgia (for some strange reason), I would be honored to get to eat with her today. :)
.
Holiday tip: Wear clothes that fit well (and not at all loose), so that you don't feel like you have room to spare when you're choosing your portion sizes. If you're really worried, wear pants that are on the snug side - it will be just the reminder you need when considering going for the second slice of pie!

6 comments:

lanie said...

You are a better person than me! Today is all about the pie!!! You gave me an idea however in how i can fit in more!!!J. K.! HAPPY THANKGIVING!

Kristen said...

LOL - Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Lanie!!

Alison... said...

I'm going to try to not over do it as well but I am feeling weak!

I'm somehow up 2 pounds this week and I have done nothing wrong so my backwards logic is telling me to eat whatever... but my new healthy brain is telling me to be extra careful to not gain any more!

Kristen said...

Don't listen to the backwards logic, because you don't want that 2 to become 4! Do the right thing, and it will be gone again in no time!

Stephanie Carnes said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We would have loved to have you here with us. I love your clothing tips. My college roommate's mother always told her to buy pants a little too small so she wouldn't feel like she could eat too much.

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Darcy had a nice holiday. I wish we could have seen you.

XOXO,

TJ