Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fill 'er up

I had my first saline fill last night. It wasn't anything like what I had read about. It was not bad at all. It took a little bit for my MD to find the right spot to inject the saline, but I am tough with that stuff...

I feel no difference at all. My MD said I probably won't feel much of a difference from the first 1-2 fills. Of course, I'm on liquids for the next three days, so it's hard to gauge what I'm comfortable taking in since I'm not eating real food.

My MD said I looked great, and that I was doing a fantastic job! That made me feel good. :)

Today I met with the nutritionist, and she said I should be eating 1500-1600 calories per day at this point. Wow! I had no idea. I've been keeping it to 600-800 calories per day. She told me that for my height and my muscle mass and the amount I'm working out, I really need to take in about double or more what I have been consuming.

I was surprised to hear that. She said that as I lose weight and as the band gets filled, they will reduce the amount I eat bit by bit. It's all part of the process, and I won't lose weight as well if I'm not eating enough at this stage. She wants me to eat four meals each day to get to the 1500-1600.

I was probably eating 3000 calories per day before I started this process, so it's not like it's going to be a huge amount of food for me, but it will be a big adjustment, since I have been eating so much less than that for the past 2 months.

This should be interesting! I will keep you posted.

Have a wonderful day.

KC

No comments: