Friday, January 11, 2008

New Tricks

My friend Kitty started a blog recently to capture her weight loss journey, and I enjoy reading it very much. Feeding off the inspiration of others is very powerful.

Kitty's blog: http://www.ificandoit-socanyou.blogspot.com/

In her entry yesterday, she started talking about some new things she can do as a result of her weight loss, and I thought I would pause to reflect on changes I have seen after losing nearly 80 lbs. It comes off only 1 lb at a time, but the differences really add up!

My New Tricks:

(Please excuse me as some of these may have been mentioned in my previous blogs)

  • Tying my shoes is actually quite easy
  • So is putting on socks
  • I now sit five inches away from my steering wheel, rather than on top of it
  • I can stand against a wall without my back shelf separating the rest of me from it (I know you are jealous!)
  • I can stand indefinitely
  • I don't have to plan my meeting schedule around the least possible routes to walk anymore
  • I can walk for miles
  • The recommended portions on products I buy are truly enough food for me (and sometimes too much!)
  • I do not have an unhealthy interest in what each next meal will be
  • I can sit in chairs that have sides without feeling as though I'm going to pop out of them
  • My face and neck are no longer one
  • I am now only two pant sizes larger than my Father (I'm sure that makes him real proud - haha!)

That's all I can think of for now, although I am sure there are more.

KC

3 comments:

Kitty said...

I'm glad we can inspire each other! I look forward to reaching the "tricks" you are re-discovering. It makes this journey SO worth it. Every step is so important and we are finally making life-long changes. We rock!

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, replica watches, louboutin pas cher, tiffany and co, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo outlet, longchamp pas cher, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, air max, oakley sunglasses wholesale, sac longchamp pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, replica watches, nike free run, nike free, prada handbags, jordan pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin uk, michael kors pas cher, nike outlet, ugg boots, burberry pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online

oakleyses said...

nike trainers uk, timberland boots, ipad cases, chi flat iron, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, iphone cases, lululemon, babyliss, baseball bats, nike air max, hermes belt, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, s6 case, ghd hair, beats by dre, iphone 6s cases, jimmy choo outlet, oakley, mcm handbags, herve leger, iphone 5s cases, hollister, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, hollister clothing, longchamp uk, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, wedding dresses, iphone 6s plus cases, louboutin, iphone 6 cases, soccer shoes, vans outlet, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti outlet, mont blanc pens, ralph lauren, abercrombie and fitch, iphone 6 plus cases, north face outlet, p90x workout, nike huaraches, instyler, bottega veneta, reebok outlet