Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hoooooly Moly!

We watched the biggest loser finale last night.

Here is a picture of Danny Cahill, the winner, before:

And here is a picture of him after:


They don't really tell us exactly how long the entire process takes but I think it's like six months from start to finish, and it may even be less.  If that's the case, than this guy lost 239 lbs in 6 months.  I know that doesn't seem remotely possible, but I think that's what happened.  

Can you believe the difference?  I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw some of these transformations last night.  It was amazing.  Many of them looked awesome...a few looked a little scary, but most of them really looked fantastic.

I hope they do keep the weight off.  We've always been told that losing weight slow is the way to go, and maybe that's true, but if it's not true for everyone, it's good to know there are alternatives out there.  I always think different things work for different people.

I can't believe how differently we view overweight people to fit people. I saw Danny as a completely different person based upon his new look.  Part of it was the weight, but part of it was his darker hair, and just winning countenance that he didn't have before.  He has truly made a jaw dropping transformation (as did runner up Rudy), and I'm really thrilled for them, and so many others who did so well.

The MD behind the show had to speak out against gastric bypass surgery, of course.  I thought that was too bad, because for some, that may be their only option.  Not everyone can go on this reality show, and it's truly not realistic to think that people at home can work out 4-6 hrs/day at that kind of intensity, and with that much support.  Gastric bypass surgery has risks, of course, but obesity has greater risks in most cases.  That's just my opinion...

I must say I was energized by seeing those results!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Amazing doesn't even cover it -

WOW!

It's too bad that the dr on the show spoke out against bariatric surgery. Even if he thinks that the gastric version is too invasive, he could at least support the lil ol band.

Oh well.

Stephanie Carnes said...

That show is incredible. I agree that it's not realistic that most people at home can replicate those results, but even adapting some of the principles would be great.

Anonymous said...

The contestants spend a total of 11 weeks at the ranch and then they go home for 90 days before the finale, so you estimation on a time line was pretty close.

I agree, the transformations are incredible. Especially because you go on their journey from people who are inable to do basic exercises. You see them slowly move from sore out of shape contestant and morph into physical fitness specimens. I was truly touched when rebecca was doing the marathon and she broke down and cried I have become the girl I always wanted to be. This was also going to be my blog topic today...let me re-think mine

oakleyses said...

coach purses, nike air max uk, hollister uk, true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, sac vanessa bruno, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors, sac hermes, polo lacoste, converse pas cher, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, nike blazer pas cher, nike roshe run uk, lululemon canada, nike air force, guess pas cher, true religion jeans, mulberry uk, north face uk, hollister pas cher, burberry handbags, ray ban pas cher, uggs outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet online, new balance, hogan outlet, timberland pas cher, kate spade, oakley pas cher, burberry outlet, replica handbags, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, coach outlet store online, nike free uk, north face, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike tn