Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fill me up!


My, isn't this clinical!

Alas, I have scheduled a fill.  In anticipation of a holiday visit filled with dieting tips from my parents (love you guys!), I'm glad I can answer them with a plan of action.  I will be getting a fill on 1/5/10.  It will be my first fill in almost a year and a half.  It's been a weird run, but I'm really hoping this does the trick to help me stay back on track. 

Lately, my appetite has been growing, and I find myself able to eat more and more and more.  I don't know why it's just been happening now, but I don't care either.  It is, and I need a fill, and I'm getting one. 

No, I'm not thrilled to go in there weighing 35 lbs more than I did the last time I was there.  My surgeon was always so proud of me every time I saw him, and now I'll just be like all the other bad students who gained.  Actually, what has happened to me is exactly what he predicted.  He said most people lose 60% of their total weight they have to lose, and then end up gaining 20-30 lbs back from their lowest point.  So there, I did just that.  Good for me.  And truly, I had lost 75% of my total weight to lose, and bounced up the 20-30 from that point.  Let's try to get him to focus on that.  ;-)

There were other times during the year when I needed a fill, and I avoided getting one because I was upset with myself for gaining.  However, I don't want to gain anymore from this new high point I've reached in the past few months, so I'm facing the music, and getting the help I need.