Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This could work for me...


Returning to work in a normal office yesterday, I was so busy I didn't have a chance to have lunch until 3pm. I can't skip lunch - I was in my 1-3pm meeting, and I was fading. Some people can skip meals - not me - my blood sugar plummets, I get week, dizzy and dumb. It's a great combo. :)
.
The good thing about being back to work on a fairly normal schedule is that I can finally work out a routine again - hooray! For so long, I've had way too much freedom and flexibility in my schedule, and while that can be nice, it's a bit of a nightmare to someone trying to find a normal and healthy eating and exercise pattern.
.
I also like working from an office, as opposed to my home, because I don't think about food as much. It's just not as accessible, and I don't have my whole refrigerator and cupboards with me at work - just the healthy meal I've planned to eat during the day, so my choices are limited and planned in advance - a winning combo. :)
.
Since I'll be in the office Tuesdays - Thursdays for the rest of the summer, I'm thinking I'd like to get my workout in before work on those days. It is a nice way to start the day, and if I want to do something active after work, that will just be gravy.
.
I like to be in the office at 7AM, and I'm only 15 minutes from my house, so I can get up at 5, work out, get ready, and easily be to work by 7. I like it!
.
My weight is the same as last week. Overall, I'm down about 10 lbs from where I was 2 months ago, but again, it's weight I'd already lost before. I have a feeling the number will start creeping downward again when I'm able to exercise. I've probably come as far as I can on my duff. :)
.
My pneumonia is much better, but I'm still not able to do any activities. I tried dancing at the wedding, but after a few steps, I kept losing my breath. Even walking down a long hallway causes me to start coughing and to need my inhaler. When I'm at rest, however, I'm almost 100% back to normal, so we are definitely moving in the right direction.
.
I think I may try going for a very slow and leisurely kayaking tour this afternoon after work. Baby steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. It is easier to be on a schedule when you are working. Enjoy the Kayak trip

Alison... said...

I agree that being in the office and busy deters us from thinking about food - true dat!

Glad you're feeling better and I'm especially glad that you realize to not try to push it while you're still recovering. You'll be able to excerise soon enough.