Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jambalaya!

Darcy made a delicious, low fat, healthy Jambalaya on Sunday - it was fantastic! It was filling, and really stuck to the bones. :) She used free range chicken sausage (2 different kinds), grass fed pork ribs and chicken, whole grain organic rice, tomato sauce, spices/seasonings and veggies - SO good.

I'm mad at my knee. It's still giving me grief. I was in the car for 5 hours yesterday (fun!), and I think that set it back a bit. It was very stiff when I got out of the car, each leg of the trip.

I'm dying to get back to the gym. I'm still up the 6 out of 10 lbs I was up last week. I'm eating okay - not as great as I could since I've been so busy, but not terrible either. I was at about 1200 calories the past few days, but I just haven't been filling my calories with the healthiest of options when I've been rushing.

I *really* need to get back to exercising. I'm thinking of doing laps in Alison's pool tonight, just using my arms to swim since I have to baby my knee. Laps can be a great form of cardiovascular activity. I think that's my plan.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

It was delish!

and yes, excercise is the key. I'm perfect able to so I need to get movin!

Sorry your knee is hurting you

:(

Anonymous said...

Being busy can be detrimental to your work out routine. Just stay focused and remember that exercise is a very important part of a healthy lifestyle.