Saturday, July 11, 2009

A losing battle

It's so hard to eat well when you're traveling. I realize I'm beating Seabiscuit to death on this one, but I'm just always on the road, it seems.

I ordered steak and eggs for breakfast - it all got stuck, and I couldn't keep it down, so I ended up having a half a piece of toast and a slice of bacon. Naturally, I was hungry shortly after, so I picked up "food" for the room at Rite Aide, and I had a dinty moore meal (270 calories + one billion chemicals).

For lunch, we had the dog with us, so our choices were very limited. We ended up finding an outdoor hot dog/fried food stand. There was quite literally *nothing* healthy on the menu. They seriously deserved an award for having no healthy options - that's hard to do. LOL

I got a hot dog. It was good, and grilled of course, so there's 400 calories wasted on junk food that's not even going to be very filling. I have already had 811 calories today, and it's only 1pm. I have no idea what I picked for dinner at the wedding tonight. I feel like it was probably beef related...

For dinner, I'm hoping to just have a salad, and a little bit of beef, so that I'm within my calories for the day. I've been averaging 800-1000 this past week, but I let myself go up to 1200, and I have almost 400 left for dinner, so that should be fine.

I played a little basketball today. I forgot I'm still healing from pneumonia. It didn't take me long to remember. I am just really antsy to be active! Oh well. :)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

So hard to find healthy food while traveling... God luv ya for always trying.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe they have no healthy choices. I probably would have loved it...lol