Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Liquid Diet Update


So far, so good, although my body isn't used to this amount of fruits and veggies and fiber! I've had 430 calories for the day, and 16 grams of it was from fiber. I know it's good for me, and I need to get back to focusing on getting 25-30 grams in every day.
.
You should too! Fiber is responsible for reducing incidents of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, gall stones, kidney stones and more! Fiber also helps you lose weight, and foods rich in fiber make you feel full longer.
.
Why are you still sitting there? Go get some fiber in you! ;-)
.
Fiber pills and fiber flakes aren't the same.
.
Foods High In Fiber
Grain and Whole Wheat Products Bagels, Bran Buds, Brown Rice, Buds, Cereals, Granola, Muffins, Pasta
Fruits
Dried fruits (apricots, dates, prunes, raisins) Apples, Avocado, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Mango,Oranges, Peach, Pears, Raspberries, Strawberries
Vegetables
Broccoli, Beans, Carrots, Cauliflower, Corn, Green Beans, Green Peas, Greens, Legumes, Peas, Potato with Skin
Nuts
Almonds, Peanuts
Beans
Black, Chick, Kidney, Lentils, Lima, Pinto, Soy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew, was scared when reading your list, then I saw peanuts. I eat plenty of M&M's I must be fibered out