Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's never tasted so goooood



One of the things I love about the "liquid" diet is that foods you normally take for granted seem so much better. I like corn on the cob a lot, and I've only been on the "liquid" diet for less than a day, but by lunch time, I was really missing food.

Darcy made me some delicious corn on the cob as a snack around 2:30. It was phenomenal. Some of the best corn on the cob I've ever had, and even better since I was so hungry.

Another thing I like about being on a strict diet like this is that it takes away my choices. Generally, I much prefer choices, naturally, but when I'm ready for a stark change, sometimes it's a nice break to have my food choices already made for me. It's simple, and I'm getting all the nutrients and calories I need. I've had 626 calories today, and I've already gotten in 24 grams of fiber, and 36 grams of protein (and less than 5 grams of fat).

I'm going to take a break from working in a bit to head out to the gym. Thank goodness I can go for a swim when I get home, because it's a SCORCHER!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Oh man, that corn looks good! I picked up some corn at Hanaford this morning and seeing that picture makes me want to cook it right now!

Good job on getting back focused on your health.

Anonymous said...

What a corny post....lol. I love corn, especially this time of year. I believe I will be having some for lunch. Thanks for my meal planning.