Monday, December 3, 2007

Tales from the Scale

Unfortunately, my scale needs a new battery, and it's a lithium watch type battery, which I don't have hanging around the house, and I haven't been able to weigh myself for two days now.

The last time I weighed myself was Saturday morning, and I was down 1 more lb to 68, so that is a good thing, but I would really like to know if I have lost any more!

I still am not eating the amount I am supposed to, but I must say - this whole thing is much easier than I had ever thought it would be. One of my biggest problems with diets in the past was if I ate something I wasn't "supposed" to, it would send me down a spiral of failure and I would ultimately end up going off my diet.

With the lap band, I feel like I don't have a choice - I'm going to lose weight, and I'm going to stay on track. There are no foods I'm not supposed to have. In general, I make very healthy choices, but yesterday I decided to have half a piece of apple pie, and I don't feel at all guilty about that. When I observe the eating habits of healthy people, it's not that they never have anything bad, but they certainly don't feel the need to consume everything in sight because of their guilt over a few pieces of pizza they had.

Anyway, I guess that guilt is gone for me. It's probably because I know that with my hunger in check, I can make the right choices. When I have something that it's healthy, it's because I'm having a treat, not falling off the wagon.

This is an interesting little journey....

:)

KC

No comments: